When I left my last job I asked for feedback from my colleagues and friends. I’ve put their descriptions of me into the word cloud below (everyone was kind).
I’ve also taken on board the areas for growth that were proffered – they sometimes contradicted each other but its all good feedback:
- keep building networks become a valued source
- Build an eclectic network of people. Look at the issue from an ecosystem (sociological) perspective.
- Expand your sphere of influence to policy makers beyond the immediate ring of climate change and sustainability stakeholders.
- need to try and influence to a greater extent so that you do not end up having to do all the work!
- Put yourself in other people’s shoes a bit more often.
- Listen to both sides and acknowledge validity of other positions from time to time
- show more empathy for the perspective of others when trying to work your way around the system
- Question why they hold their views/positions
- I think that you got the balance right between listen, consider and drive.
- Be firmer, accept that you may not be liked. All you need is to be respected.
- Keep focused on what you are trying to achieve.
- Manage your aspirations and expectations to set more realistic timeframes.
- Improve your discipline in following ideas and issues to the end.
more clarity on the bigger picture, less about the details.Maybe some clearer focus on strategies and actions that will deliver real change.continue to convert your technical understanding and scientific knowledge to layman’s language.
My sincere thanks to everyone who participated,